The Marketing & Communications intern at BloomShift will assist with social media, email marketing, public relations, research and promotion of programs, events and business attraction/retention campaigns that increase awareness of the city.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Taking the lead on setting up e-mail marketing blasts in Mailchimp to include writing copy, lay out of graphics, subject line creation and listserv management
- Create and post content for social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram platforms) to include social listening, copy writing, scheduling and more
- Assist in developing marketing campaigns to support business engagement and conversion for clients
- Organizing and managing media contact lists and influencer outreach
- Research marketing issues and relevant news for communications
- Assist in writing press releases and managing media outreach
- Website management to include writing blogs, updating news section, search optimization, etc.
- Support print collateral
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from undergraduate or graduate degrees in marketing, communications, public relations, public affairs or similar programs
- Strong verbal, written and editing skills with an attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work and adapt in a fast-paced remote environment
- Self-starter with effective time management
- Professional demeanor
- Proficient in Microsoft word, excel and power point
- Knowledge of marketing-related industry news
- Experience working across social media platforms
Preferred skills include experience with:
- Social media platforms
What you gain as an intern at BloomShift:
- Gain experience in marketing and public relations field
- Gain great understanding of a diverse business community and vibrant industries
- Make great connections and build a professional network with local media outlets, business owners, government officials, real estate professionals, and others.
- Have a greater understanding of economic development and what is required of economic development professionals
- Become well versed in marketing indicators & trends
- Do meaningful work
Please note that this internship is remote and paid. The intern will also receive a travel stipend to help cover any travel public transportation to and from work-related activities.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and letter of recommendation to intern_opp [at] bloomshift [dot] com. No phone calls please. Please email any questions you might have.
Please note that applications that omit to include resume, cover letter and letter of recommendation will not be considered.