Your small business must meet some basic requirements before you can qualify for the Small Business Technical Assistance (SBTA) program sponsored by GWHCC.
Get proper registrations and ID numbers
In order to be sponsored by government funds and/or sell goods and services to the government, you’ll have to register your small business.
Before you can bid on government proposals, you need to get a Dun & Bradstreet (DUNS) number. A DUNS number is a unique nine-digit identification number for each physical location of your business.
When registering for your DUNS number, you’ll need to have the following on hand:
- Legal name
- Headquarters name and address for your business
- Doing Business As (DBA) or other name by which your business is commonly recognized
- Physical address, city, state, and ZIP Code
- Mailing address (if different from headquarters and/or physical address)
- Telephone number
- Contact name and title
- Number of employees at your physical location
- Whether you’re a home-based business
To apply for a DUNS number, visit DUNS Request Service.